Patients in need from every county within the 16-county Tennessee service area are eligible. This initiative has been made possible through private donations and funds provided by Breast Connect and Courage Conquering Cancer. Breast cancer patients undergoing a mastectomy can request and receive a floral arrangement through our partner, Random Acts of Flowers, or another florist. The initiative provides care packages that include post-surgical breast surgery and transition-to-home supplies, patient-recommended essential items for recovery and future treatment. Breast cancer educational information is included to foster proactive and informed cancer care decisions in collaboration with health care providers.
The post-surgical recovery care package helps patients heal more comfortably after breast surgery. The package includes:
- Mastectomy Recovery Tee (with 4 internal drain management pockets to secure drain bulbs)
- 1-2 Axilla pillow(s) per package (post-op pillows relieve pressure at sensitive surgical areas)
- Breast cancer patient educational materials
- Drain management aprons with pockets (donated by Your Pink Sisters)
- Additional comfort-care items
Please complete the information below to request a free care package. Don’t forget to click the “Request A Care Package” button after completing the form.
Donations to Connect to Conquer are welcomed, and greatly appreciated. 100% of donations will be used to help offer post-surgical supplies, patient education and flowers for breast cancer patients in Tennessee who require breast surgery. For every $100 donated, one patient will receive flowers and a complete care package. Thank you for your donation.
*Donations made through PayPal should be made using “send to a friend or family member.” If a donation is made using PayPal and “to pay for goods and services” is selected, PayPal fees are incurred. Please choose “send to a friend or family member” to make a donation. This allows funds to be released with no fees for the donation.
- Formed in 2014 and became a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in 2015, advocates for and educates those newly diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Created Breastconnect.org, “for survivors, by survivors” to assist those navigating the overwhelming amount of breast cancer information.
- Provides a private Facebook group, where survivors can share information and personal experiences, ask questions and pay it forward.
- Hosts events for members to meet and socialize, frequently including guest speakers from the medical and health care communities to discuss related topics.
- Matches members through their Sisterhood Program which can be found on the website.
- Formed in 2014 as a community health organization to provide breast health education and post-surgical supplies that aid in breast surgery recovery.
- Created Courage Conquering Cancer, a non-profit 501(c)(3) to support breast cancer patients facing undue financial hardship by providing post-surgical products to those in-need.
- Researches, develops, tests and manufactures post-surgical supplies (e.g., patented Recovery Tee) to meet the recovery needs of breast cancer patients.
- Uses grant and philanthropy funds to provide supplies to breast cancer patients in-need and to offer breast health/cancer educational events.